The New England Chamber Opera Series
Arts organizations depend heavily on the generosity of individual donors, corporate support and grants. Intermezzo is no exception, especially in tight economic times like these. We would not be where we are today without the support of those who believe in our mission of providing a venue for the creation and performance of contemporary chamber opera. If you’ve given some thought about becoming a supporter of Intermezzo, please consider the following facts:
- Over 60% of Intermezzo’s operating budget comes from individual contributions
- Ticket sales make up only 25% of the budget
- Grants and corporate sponsorship make up less than 20% of the budget
- Intermezzo has been fortunate to break even in each of our nine years of operation–something most arts organizations cannot claim, and we have no debt!
- Many corporations will match your contribution one for one
- And we met our 2011 fundraising goal of $15,000. Now we need your help to underwrite our 2012 season with plans for another new commission for 2013, based on the life of Ann Hutchinson. Our goal for 2012 is $12,000.
Please consider making a generous tax-deductible contribution to help us meet this fund-raising challenge. Send your check, made out to Intermezzo: The New England Chamber Opera Series, to: Intermezzo: The New England Chamber Opera Seriesc/o John Whittlesey, Artistic Director8 Yarmouth Street, #2Boston, MA 02116
Levels of giving: Donor ($50-$100) Patron ($100-$500) Benefactor (>$500), includes 2 complimentary tickets to each production Production Sponsor ($1,000), includes Benefactor privileges and special notice of underwriting a principal artist